下面是北纬托福给考生整理的关于《越狱》词汇,考生参考一下,考生熟悉里面的词汇,希望可以帮助到考生。
- Are you putting this off?你要推迟吗?
- I mean, are you having second thoughts?我的意思是,你是不是改变主意了?
- and I want to be your wife.我想成为你的妻子。女孩子可以跟男孩子去说这句了,呵呵。
- Magna cum laude, in fact.俚语,引申意为优等生。
- My wife is quite fond of the story.我妻子非常喜爱这个故事。
- Come June, it’s our 40th anniversary.即将来临的6月份是我们第四十个结婚纪念日。
- it’s all gonna come down like a house of cards.come down=倒塌,a house of cards=纸做的房子,不牢靠的计划。
- That’s where I was hoping you could be of assistance.那就是我所希望你能帮助的地方。
- And it’ll keep you off the yard. keep off=远离
- I’ll take my chances. 我会试一下的,take one’s chance=碰运气。
- There’s a better way. 有更好的办法。
- That won’t stop it. It’ll only delay it.不会停止只会延迟。
- If the inmate appeals to me for intervention,how can I turn my back on him? appeals to =呼吁,要求,上诉;turn one’s back on=背弃,抛弃。
- He was really sweet. 他人很好。
- Men and women can’t be friends.男人和女人不可能成为朋友。 这句可以跟女朋友说。
- Can you get it for me, or not?
- Can’t be done... 不行。
- I’ll pass. 通不过?这个不知道怎么解释,但是是拒绝的意思。
- Well, for everyone’s sake. 为了每个人着想。
- Are you sure? Positive. 你确信?当然。Positive这个词也是经常用的。
- Uh, what’s up. 啊,怎么了?这个美语里很常见,通常黑人都说 wassup,man.超级顺口。
- It was the only way I could go through with it. go through with=完成,把...进行到底。
- You’ve told me a thousand... 你已经告诉我N遍了... ...
I was set up! 我是被陷害的!
- a couple of days ago. 几天以前。
- She was under the impression that the guy was innocent. 她认为那个人是无罪的。be under the impression that=认为,觉得。
- I’m looking for Crab Simmons. Are you related? 我在找Crab Simmons,你和他有关系吗?
- a man’s life is at stake, and maybe your son can help him. 有个人现在生命垂危,或许你儿子能帮他。 at stake=危险
- Crab can’t help nobody, lady. Crab不能帮助任何人。
- Just want you to know I’m coming for you.只想让你知道我是为你而来的。come for=为某种目的而来;向...冲来。
- but average glucose for the non-diabetic is about 100 milligrams per deciliter 但是非糖尿病患者的平均葡萄糖值只有大概每1/10公升100毫克。glucose=葡萄糖,non-diabetic=非糖尿病的。
- You seem nervous seem=象是,似乎。
- I do? 是吗?
- You’re sweating.你在出汗。
- Never really got used to them. got used to=习惯于
You got to stop listening to these people,they’re poisoning your brain.Your hormone things-they’re out of whack. 你要停止去听那些人的话,他们在毒害你的思想,你的荷尔蒙失衡了,它们影响了你。
"As soon as possible" is not a specific time. "尽快"不是一个确切的时间。
t’s for your own good. 这是为你好。
Don’t hang up. 不要挂断。
Say hi to him for me,will you. 替我向他问好,好吧?
I love you more. 我也爱你。这下知道人家对你说这句话的时候怎么应答了吧?
Alternating current,direct current. 交流电,直流电。
My brother is scheduled to die. 我哥哥将被处死。
There are strict department of corrections guidelines that govern every aspect of an execution. 司法部有严格的守则包括行刑的每个细节。 偶经常把他改为There are strict rules and regulations in every company that govern every aspect of an execution. 在这里主要是用在客人要偶寄样,但是偶要收费,对方不同意,于是偶就来这句话了。
I ain’t mad at you. 我不怪你。 “不怪你”原来是酱紫说滴啊。
I am the last person in the world that my father listens to. 我是我父亲最不想听的人。
Can i ask a favor? 能求你件事吗? 我们是不是一般说 Could you do sth for me?